Tata Deal: This Tata Group company will buy Capital Foods and Organic India

Advertisement

Advertisement

Tata Consumer Products Expands Horizon: Acquires 100% Stake in Capital Foods and Organic India, Strategic Acquisition: A Closer Look at Tata Consumer Products’ Multibillion-Dollar Deal

Tata Consumer Products is set to acquire a 100% stake in two prominent entities, Capital Foods and Organic India, in a transformative move that promises to reshape its product portfolio and market presence. The all-cash deal for Capital Foods is valued at Rs 5,100 crore, while the acquisition of Organic India comes with a cash deal worth Rs 1900 crore. The Board of Tata Consumer Products has greenlit this significant acquisition.

This Tata Group company will buy Capital Foods and Organic India

Diversifying Portfolio and Market Reach

The acquisition of Capital Foods and Organic India holds strategic importance for Tata Consumer Products. This move is anticipated to grant the company access to products featuring broader taste profiles, facilitate entry into new markets, and provide an extended range of organic items. Notably, Organic India specializes in teas, infusions, herbal supplements, and packaged foods.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Read also 

Deal Structure and Progress

Tata Consumer Products plans to acquire a 75% equity stake in Capital Foods immediately, with the remaining 25% shareholding set to be secured within the next three years. The acquisition aligns with Tata Consumer Products’ broader vision of expanding its footprint and diversifying its offerings in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector.

Brand Dynamics: Ching’s Secret and Smith & Jones

Capital Foods, recognized for its popular brands Ching’s Secret and Smith & Jones, contributes significantly to Tata Consumer Products’ acquisition strategy. Ching’s Secret, a market leader in Chinese products, spans across various categories such as chutneys, blended masalas, sauces, and soups. Smith & Jones, on the other hand, is a rapidly growing brand that focuses on home cooking of Italian and other Western cuisines.

Financial Overview of Capital Foods and Organic India

Capital Foods is expected to achieve a turnover between Rs 750 to Rs 770 crore in FY24, showcasing a steady growth trajectory. Organic India, with an estimated turnover of Rs 360 to Rs 370 crore for FY24, has demonstrated a global presence across more than 48 countries. Despite a gradual decline in sales over the past three financial years, the acquisition positions Tata Consumer Products to leverage the potential of these brands in key markets like India and America.

In summary, Tata Consumer Products’ acquisition of Capital Foods and Organic India marks a strategic leap forward, aligning with the company’s commitment to expanding its product range, market presence, and overall business portfolio.

Leave a Comment

Tata Technologies share price target 2023 आज खुलने जा रहा है सरकारी कंपनी का IPO, दाम 50 रुपये से भी कम,